Life is hard and seeing areas that we have to be thankful for can be difficult to do sometimes. That’s why I really appreciate holidays like Thanksgiving day. Holidays like this prompt us to pause and reflect on all that God is and has done for us.
You can count on God to keep His promises.
In this last post in the series I’ve been doing in honor of the Thanksgiving day holiday, I want to talk about the truth that God always keeps His promises. If He has promised something to us in the Bible He is willing and faithful to bring them to pass.
God sees fulfilling His promises in the Bible as so important that He actively watches over them to make sure that they do what they are supposed to do. It is pretty amazing to know that we can fully trust every promise that we read in the Bible, because as long as we give Him the time to do the work, every promise will be fulfilled.
God is watching over His Word to make sure it does what it is supposed to.
What promises am I talking about?
1) The promise of salvation: God wants that all human beings be saved and come to the knowledge of all that God has done for us. John 3:16&17
2) The promise that we are His family; God promised that all human beings that believed in Him will be a part of His family. Eph 1:4&5
3) The promise of Life: God has come that we have life and have it more abundantly then we could ever ask or think. John 10:10
5) The promise that every weapon that Satan brings against us will not succeed Isa 54:17
6) The promise of healing Isa. 53:5
7) The promise of protection Psalms 91
These are just a few of the promises that God has given us in the Bible. I encourage you to take the time to look through the Bible and see if you can find some more.
I hope that you all have enjoyed taking this journey with me as we have talked about a few of the things that we have to be thankful for. I am so grateful for the fact that with God we always have reason to hope as I talked about in my first installment And the truth that we discussed in the second installment about the fact that we can rest in the understanding that God will turn every negative evil situation that we find ourselves in for our good if we allow Him to.
Have a blessed day,