“Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.”
2 Chronicles 7:14 NLT
“"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.”
Matthew 7:7-8 NASB
Today we are going to talk about praying for our military and first responders ( Law Enforcement personnel, Firemen etc). In this last post on prayer I wanted to bring up some things to pray over those who are on the front lines protecting us and meeting our needs. With some of the toughest, dangerous and thankless jobs around these people deserve all the prayer we can give them. I think it's safe to say that all of us want them to be able to go home at the end of each day healthy and unharmed. So here is a few things that you could pray over them:
1) First off we give thanks to God for them! (Col 1:3)
2) That they would walk in God's protection. (Ps 23:4)
3) That their steps would be ordered of God. (Ps 37:23)
4) That nothing that comes against them would prosper. (Isa 54:17)
5) That they would know the love of God. (Eph 3:16-19)
6) That they would have courage in everything they do because God is with them. ( Josh 1:9 & Ps 56:3-4)
7) That the peace of God would would be with them every step of the way. (Phil 4:7)
I hope these suggestions help direct your prayers. Each and everyone of these precious lives deserve our complete support and heartfelt thanks. I know I'm grateful for them and their service to this country but saying thank you just doesn't seem enough for all all they do. Please let me know if you can think of anything to add to this list! I want it to be as complete as possible.
Have a blessed day,
P.S. If you are an active first responder/soldier, a former one or even a future one let me personally say THANK YOU! Your hard work and sacrifice has not gone unnoticed.